Did you know that I have merged to my very own website?
Please visit borninheelsblog.com! I have made some fabulous changes 🙂
Don’t forget to re-follow!
$400 – allsaints.com
$495 – harrods.com
$38 – hm.com
We’re talking about the Top 5 Spring dress trends, and where you can find them! The best part? They’re all under $100… You’re welcome 🙂
- Metallics– This stunner is a Bloomingdale’s exclusive piece. It would be a fabulous dress to wear to a wedding or for an evening event.
2. Garden Florals– Easter might be over, but this dress gets to live forever on this blog post! I purchased it from Nordstrom weeks before Easter. I thought it would be perfect, and guess what? It was 🙂 AND only $68!
3. Tropical– Did you know that JustFab has clothes?!!! Well, I learned that pretty darn quick… Beautiful, trendy clothes at amazing prices. The maxi below is only $44.95 for JustFab members! Maxi’s are the BEST. I wear them everywhere from the grocery store to a date with Dennis!
4. Fringe– There is a heavy 70’s vibe going on this Spring/Summer! Personally, it’s not my favorite decade… Perhaps you feel the same, but want to stay on trend? My suggestion is to look for pieces that have a subtle nod to the 70’s, like this macrame shift dress from Forever 21. You can embrace the trends of the season without, A. spending a small fortune and B. Looking like you just walked out of a hippie commune.
5. Tribal– Sequin Aztec sheath dress from Express. Pair it with flats for Sunday brunch or a day out shopping, or heels and a cute clutch for a night out with the gals.
I hope you’re feeling confident about going out to tackle the trends for Spring!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Today, I would like to introduce Try It Tuesday! Each week, I will feature a locally owned business in the KC Metro area; whether it be a boutique, restaurant, bar, or even a grocery store!
My first local treasure is one of my favorite places on the Country Club Plaza. You have seen the name in many of my posts because I simply can’t ever walk out without making a purchase… I am talking about Tulip! Tulip brings you the very best in all things fashionable, fabulous and affordable. Located on the Country Club Plaza, Tulip brings an alluring collection of clothing, accessories, gifts, & home goods to Kansas City.
I met the ladies of Tulip in the Fall of 2014, when Dennis and I were walking around the Plaza one Sunday afternoon. While chatting with Kelly, who was working that day, I mentioned my blog and handed her my card. She mentioned that Tulip worked with bloggers often. I left with the perfect LBD (that I wore to KCFW), thinking I would certainly shop there again, but didn’t think I would ever hear back about a collaboration.
Well, it turns out I was wrong! A couple of weeks later, I received an email from owner Robin, asking if I’d like to participate in their Tulip Twist for the month of October. I was thrilled! Though I didn’t win, it was great to be included.
I visit Robin and the girls as often as I can. Whenever I walk in, I am immediately greeted as though they see me everyday. Their customer service is simply outstanding. The employees not only possess impeccable style, but they have the ability to read their clients. You leave feeling happy about what you purchased, as opposed to guilty because you gave into the pushy sales person. There is an art to retail, and each of these ladies are seasoned artists!
The next time you’re on the Plaza, stop by and say hello!
Tulip is located at: 606 W 48th Street, Kansas City, MO 64112
Creating an office appropriate smokey eye… Using just THREE PRODUCTS!! Follow the steps below or watch my first official YouTube video!
What you’ll need:
- White eye shadow or eye liner pencil. Here I used Maybelline eye shadow in vanilla.
- Dark eye shadow (such as black, dark grey, maybe purple?!) I used one of Younique’s mineral pigments in Devious
- Medium brown eye shadow… I used another mineral pigment in Confident
- Take a small drop of the Primer and rub between your 2 ring fingers. Apply to both eyelids.
- Using the eye shadow brush and white shadow, highlight the area under your eyebrow, the corner of your eyes, and all over your eye lids.
- Dip the same brush in your black (or other dark colored) shadow and apply in a “V” shape on the outer corner of your eyelid.
- Stilling using the same brush, deepen the look with the medium brown in the middle crease of you eye lid. TIP: Clean off the eye shadow brush a little before doing this step.
- Take the angled brush, apply a small amount of primer (you can also use water) and dip into the black shadow. Line your upper lash line (and lower, if you choose).
Don’t forget to finish the look with mascara!
And there you have it… How easy was that?
First thing’s first… The Outfit:
I have to be 100% honest… I changed my outfit THREE times before leaving my house to attend day 2 of Go Blog Social! I ultimately decided on the first thing I tried on (of course). This white blazer has been the best $40 I’ve ever spent! I bought it last summer at H&M, and I’ve worn it with everything from jeans to a pencil skirt. I picked up the mint green top from a charming boutique in Lee’s Summit called @jolly’s, where I spent about an hour trying on pretty much everything in the store! The jeans are from Express, I know… Big Surprise! But when you find something that works, go with it! And the shoes added the perfect pop of color.
My most favorite purchase as of late, is this pair of Nickel & Suede earrings! I have pretty sensitive ears, and these babies are light as a feather! You forget you’re even wearing earrings. They may be my first, but they will certainly not be my last pair!
After networking and coffee, the founders of Go Blog Social; Katelyn, Samantha, Sarah and Kathryn took a few minutes to answer our questions about everything from blogging and social media, to consulting and taxes. It was extremely helpful, and it is always nice to know that others have the same questions as I do.
Mandy from Sugar Bee Crafts was up next. She discussed building a “blogging community”. Success isn’t going to come to you by sitting around doing nothing, sometimes you need a little help from your friends to get out there. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”! She suggested building a “Blog Tribe”. I’m taking applications, ladies 🙂
Enza’s Bargains talked about using social media to gain sponsors. POST, POST, POST, TAG, TAG, TAG… Repeat.
The founders from Lily Jade (the amazing stylish diaper bag totes), explained how to pitch to brands you’d like to work with. Their presentation was so heartfelt and moving… They gushed about how their business wouldn’t be what it is without the help of bloggers and social media, as all publicity is solely gained by those venues.
I was unable to hear the speaker from Rawxies, but I LOVED the Lemon Poppyseed cookies 😉
Driving home after 2 amazing days of learning, my mind was bursting with ideas to make Born in Heels the best it can be! I can’t wait to bring my ideas to life. Stay tuned, dear friends.